Savills relocated from their offices in 12 Windsor Place – an office split over four floors – to the top floor of 2 Kingsway, Cardiff.
“It has had a positive impact on the way we work, in particular, it has encouraged more interaction between staff in all departments which is great for business generation and cross referrals.”
(Director, Savills, Cardiff)
Kingsway accommodates for both staff and clients, providing practical working spaces for corporate meetings, along with inspirational individual and collaborative working. Through contemporary and practical aesthetics, 2 Kingsway was transformed into a welcoming and dynamic workspace for both staff and clients.
The design of the new space reflects Savills’ company culture and brand ethos. It also reflects the way of working of modern offices designed today. This has encouraged collaboration between departments whom once worked independently because of their natural split across several floors. Through co-location and departmental planning and workspace consultancy, this has enabled productivity to rise naturally, not only within their departments, but across the whole office.
Imium provided a refreshing new work space with the following criteria:
- Reception with meet and greet area
- Small tea points in addition to a main kitchen and breakout area
- Relocation of server room and existing infrastructure
- A client facing residential area for sales
- Acoustically rated meeting rooms and boardroom
- The relocation and installation of services in new designated service point areas
- Design and install storage solutions to enable maximum storage capabilities and expansion during periods of growth
- Hot desking area for agile working
- Collaboration areas in the form of pods, informal meeting areas, layout tables and smart working points across the floor
- New furniture with infrastructure for future expansion